RDA was established to realize the strategic vision developing standard Road Network that supports socio-economic growth in Somaliland through:
- Institutional capacitating including: operational guidelines, facilities and competent motivated human resources
- Innovative development and resource mobilization models for road infrastructures with a result oriented leadership and government fund allocation and commitment.
- Cutting edge designs & Construction Methods
- Strategic alliances with Proficient Service Providers & Stakeholders as well as establishing public private partnership.
- Carry out cause the undertaking of feasibility studies, design construction and maintenance of both trunk and primary roads.
- Regulate the safe use of highways.
- Enforce vehicle weight and size control regulations,
- Take necessary measures to protect the environment during road works.
- Initiate policies and laws related to roads, determine design standers for roads classify and designate road network, prepare short and long term plans and implementation of it.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinating the road development programs, projects and plans of Somaliland.
- Managing public funds and donations for road developments and ensuring that all funds allocated to road development are properly used.
- Providing advises and developing proposals with regards road development planning and construction.
- Developing national road development policy